Sunday, April 28, 2024

New Blessings


New blessings come from Jesus every day!  Can you imagine if God kept providing you the same blessings day in and day out?  Yes, we would still praise Him and thank Him for those blessings.  Yet, our lives are not the same day in and day out.  New challenges come our way daily (sometimes even hourly).  With those challenges, our ability to manage each of them on our own is not feasible.  In walks our Lord!  Those challenges are met head on, not by us alone, but with our Lord standing by our side.

Those challenges can bring turmoil and anguish.  Those challenges can be difficult and stressful.  The exceptionally good news is those challenges are not mine alone.  I bring along with me the One who can meet each challenge and be with me as I journey through those challenges.  The thing I need to remember is that with those challenges, there are blessings.

Today’s verse helps me to realize that.  When I think of God’s blessings, I typically think of all the ‘good’ things that He has blessed me with.  A loving family.  A job with good people at a good company.  A home where I can rest.  Good health so I can get up each morning.  Those and so much more our Lord has blessed me with.  Focusing on the verse for today, I noticed that God is not just blessing me when things are good, He blesses me “… abundantly so that in ALL things, having ALL that I need…”

God blesses me in ALL things, even in those tough challenges, providing me all that I need.  When I reflect upon the challenges I have been given, I do realize the blessings that have resulted from that:

·       When I had cancer, there was the blessing of medicine to bring me to better health.

·       When I lost my father, there was the blessing of knowing he was in eternity with Jesus.

·       When I got divorced, there was the blessing of finding my true love to walk through life with.

·       When times were tough financially, there was the blessing of financial assistance.

I believe the blessings that are provided by God when life is going well.  When I reflect on the above, I do believe it is the blessings, the new blessings, that come with each challenge that are the most abundant!  It is those new blessings that come with each new challenge that has brought me hope and peace.  Hope and peace!  May we always have the simple faith to know that God’s blessings will be abundant in ALL things so that we have ALL that we need.

Dearest Lord, I thank you for the new blessings you give to me each day, so that I have blessings in all that I need.  Amen!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.