Sunday, June 16, 2024

Grow, Learn and Share


 My dad loved his garden.  Growing up, it took up more than half of our backyard!  I remember my grandmother’s (his mother’s) garden – which took up her entire backyard.  It is only fitting that I enjoy gardening as well.  As the years have rolled by, my garden has decreased in size due to shear time, yet, I have always enjoyed getting my hands in the dirt.  When I do, this verse always rings in my head.  The size of a mustard seed?  So ridiculously small.   It is hard to imagine that such a tiny seed could grow into a tree.   Even a small radish seed does not grow into something THAT big!  What I also gleam from this verse is that not only is the small seed able to produce something so large, but that the use goes beyond producing mustard, but to also be a spot for birds to rest.

It made me realize that if God can create something as small as a mustard seed to grow and be productive for many uses, what can He do with me?  Our growth in Jesus can come every day.  When we read a devotion in the morning, how can I use it throughout the day to grow in faith?  When that great Christian song comes on the radio, and I hum it during the day, how can the words to transform me and how can I help to transform others?  When the Bible verse that I love comes to mind, what can I do with those words for someone nearby?  All that growth comes from the Holy Spirit inside of us, ready to help us grow, learn, and share.

Dear friends, it is not easy to live in a world where people may tell you do not do that, do not think that, or that you are not good enough, pretty enough, or smart enough.  Remember, this is just our temporary home.  Our true father is waiting for us in Heaven and HE is the one that definitely knows that you are MORE than good enough – you are a child of God!  You have Him with you each and every day.  With that knowledge, we can grow, learn, and share like the mighty mustard seed!  Do not be afraid to step out in faith.  Our simple faith can create hope and joy for another person.  Do not limit yourself.  Break down the barriers you may see ahead of you and grow!  Be like the mighty mustard seed and grow into something big, wonderful and with multiple purposes.  Our world, our temporary home, will be better for it!

Dearest Jesus, thank you for the mustard seed – a wonderful reminder of growth.  Help us to grow in the areas where you see our greatest potential.  May our growth not only help us, but help others around us, know of your unconditional love and where we can all find peace.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.