Sunday, November 23, 2014

God Is Good

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will about in every good work."  (NIV)  2 Corinthians 9:8
 
It was a big day, yesterday, for our family.  Our son and his football team won the state championship in football.  It was the first time the high school received this honor, and the whole town was thrilled.  There was a parade of cars, buses, police and fire trucks going through town to the high school.  There were speeches.  There was cake.  There were smiles and tears of joy.  This team had great leadership with wonderful coaches.  It was a big day.
 
As we sat in the stands, barely 32 degrees, it was hard not to reflect on the goodness of God.  Yes, these boys worked hard.  Yes, there were many practices.  Yes, I am sure the coaches put in an incredible amount of time ensuring the plays were just right.  Yet, as I sat in the stands before the game yesterday, I prayed.  Oh yes, I prayed that He would watch over the team and guide them to victory.  I prayed for their safety.  I prayed, a lot.  God is good and he answers prayers.  He answered many prayers yesterday.
 
God brought this team a win yesterday.  God brought families together - all for the common goal of supporting players.  God brought dear friends from New Jersey up to watch the game and show their support - through traffic and injury - they came.  God blessed our family, abundantly.  At the end of the game, as the team cheered and the fans did as well, I gave thanks.  My heart cried out to the Lord with thanksgiving.  It was then that I realized how truly good God is.  Not because the team won, but the other blessings that came with it.
 
God showed us how wonderful family and friends can be.  As the celebration continued throughout the evening, and family joined us for dinner and cake, it was great that a simple game brought such happiness and joy to so many.  God showed us what faith can bring, warm hearts despite difficult times.  God showed us the power of prayer.  God showed Himself to us.  His love, His grace, His goodness, His peace.  It was all there throughout the day yesterday. 
 
This morning, as we worshipped our Dear Lord in church, once again I realized how Good God Is!!  Through His Word, through testimonies, through smiles and hugs, we get to see how Good God Is.  Sometimes, it is hard to see His goodness.  The previous week held frustrations, held hardened hearts, held wonders of not understanding, held missed opportunities to share his goodness.  As the service came to an end, once again, I thanked our Lord.  Once again, a tear of joy fell - so emotionally touched I was by His goodness.
 
Tonight I write with a sense of peace.  To know how much you are loved, by family, friends, and God, is overwhelming.  Tonight, I feel His love.  Tonight I feel His grace.  Tonight I am in awe of the blessings God has bestowed on me.  As we sang this morning in church, "God is so Good, God is so Good, God is so Good, He's so Good to me."  Blessings to all and may you all enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving - sharing praise to our Heavenly Father for all He has abundantly given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.