Sunday, December 18, 2016

King of Kings is Born

Image result for Baby Jesus as king

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.  Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.  Amen."  (NIV) 1 Timothy 1:15-17

Our journey with the kings is coming to an end.  Yes, we talked about the three magi and the incredible gifts they brought - one king brought gold - a gift fitting for a king.  One king brought frankincense - a gift fitting for a high priest.  One king brought myrrh - a gift fitting for one who would give his life.  Three telling gifts that would share our Dear Lord's story.

Yet, it was the little baby, the chosen one, who came to this earth from heaven, for us.  It is hard for me to truly understand the full impact of Jesus' arrival.  Yes, there were many reasons for Him to come here.  Let's bring this to each of us, though.  Jesus came for you, Jesus came for me - little old me.  He came to bring ME hope.  He came to bring ME joy.  He came to save ME - yes ME, from all of the horrible sins I commit.

It's hard to fathom that love.  At least I find it difficult to process the type of love Jesus had for me in order to leave his heavenly throne to come to earth only to die for me and become my savior.  Christmas brings us so many wonderful thoughts and joys, so many hopes and dreams.  Let us not disconnect, though, from the true meaning of Christmas.  Jesus needed to come here in order to fulfill the great prophecies.  It is through his birth that his death saved us - saved me.  

That Christmas Eve brought all of us the hope that we would never be able to experience unless he came to earth.  That Christmas Eve brought all of us the love that we would never feel from any other person.  That Christmas Eve brought us the joy that we can only feel by knowing we are one of Jesus' children.  That Christmas Eve brought us the salvation that we need in order to live in eternal glory with Jesus.  That Christmas Eve brought us our Jesus!

As we celebrate Christmas this year, may we all look at our nativity scenes with awe and wonder.  May we live with the glory, joy and love that Jesus wants for us.  May we know that through Jesus' birth, the king of kings was born - and by Jesus coming to us, we are able to receive the salvation that only he could bring.  

Below is a link to a Christmas song that brings tears to my eyes each time I hear it.  It was the inspiration for my Advent blog series this year, and so clearly moves forward the hope that Jesus' birth brought to the world.  I pray that you enjoy it as much as I do.

As I close this Advent series, I pray that each of you has a Christmas that is filled with all of the blessings Jesus wants for you.  May you join together in song, prayer, and love for the little baby who became the King of Kings - just for you!  Merry Christmas to all!!


"Heavenly Jesus, I am in such awe that you would leave your heavenly throne, as King of Kings, to come to earth for ME - fulfilling the prophecy to forgive my sins and bring me the greatest hope of all - salvation and life with you.  Every time I think of this, my heart leaps with love - love that is cherished each and every day.  Thank you, Jesus, for coming to all of us so that we can one day come to you.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.