Sunday, January 21, 2018

Speak with Love


Have you ever been around one of those people who happens to know everything?  I'm not just talking about a "know it all".  I'm speaking of one who truly seems to know so much about all things.  These type of people are the ones I wonder, "How can they gain that much knowledge?"  I'm assuming they are incredible readers and spend their extra time reading and studying versus playing Solitaire on their phone.  

I respect people like that - who truly seem to have deep wisdom.  Yet, when I review how I feel about someone like that, it typically falls into two categories.   There are those who have deep knowledge and share it as if they have "all the marbles" or all the knowledge, and I know nothing.  They have a tendency to share their wisdom or knowledge without much thought about who they share that knowledge with.  As the recipient in cases such as those, I will listen, but I don't "take it in", I don't digest what they are sharing.  It will go through one ear and out the other.  All that knowledge shared, yet not received, because it was shared in a way where no love or concern was a part of the conversation.

In the other category are the people who I not only respect, but also truly admire.  These are individuals who share, not for what gains them, but for what is in it for ME, the receiver.  When information is shared in this manner, with concern and love for the person who is receiving the information, it takes on such a different light.  I listen intently to these messages.  I hang on every word, and I will return to hear more from such people.  It is these folks that make my heart rejoice in the wonder of God and His impact in my life.  When one writes or speaks, they bring that love into all of their words.

Such is the manner by which Paul is speaking to us in the passage today.  There are many in faith that will share much about their understandings of the Bible and how to "interpret" the words of God.  It's funny though, that when I read or listen to those people, my heart doesn't flutter, my soul doesn't leap and my mind doesn't hunger for more.  The message is being shared without the most important component - LOVE.  The person in the Bible I believe shares God's message, with such love, is Paul.  Paul transformed not only HIMSELF (with the grace of God), but transformed others with his words of love.  Oh, to be more like Paul.

I certainly fall short when it comes to understanding and sharing God's wisdom.  What I do pray that as we talk with each other, and share God's word on our hearts, is that we share that with others by way of our hearts - full of love and compassionFor it is in that manner that God's word will be richly received.

Dearest God, help me to speak your love and wisdom from a sense of love and not pride.  Bring words to my mouth that will show others the great love you have for me and for them.  Help your word, God, breathe love of life into others.  In your name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.