Sunday, April 18, 2021

Moving Past Doubt

"Be Strong & Courageous, Do Not Be Afraid"

Joshua 1:9

 

After weeks and months of working at a pace that I have never worked before, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Whether it was in my personal life or professional life, I was making decisions, developing plans, executing at a high level and continued to keep tempo with the world around me.  Every morning I woke up with the well-oiled plan, ready to go.  What was it that hit me?  Exhaustion?  No.  I was tired but was able to keep moving.  Slowing down?  Not that either – still moving quickly. 

I sat down last week and looked at my husband.  He could tell that I was disturbed.  As I was talking things over with him, it hit me – doubt!  Through all the “moving and shaking” I was doing between work and home, trying to keep it all together, trying to ensure the ball did not get dropped, I found something very destructive was setting in – doubt.  As I spent time reflecting on what part of my life felt like this – I realized it was ALL of it.  Doubt at work; was I setting direction correctly, was I executing all the things that needed to be done, was it being done at the level I had set for myself.  Doubt at home; was I being the wife I wanted to be for my husband, was I available for my children when they needed me, was I helping my mom like I wanted to.  I was doubting myself in every facet of my life.  Doubted my ability to eat healthy, doubted my ability to write this blog = a good old-fashioned dose of doubt.

Have you ever been there?  A loss of self-confidence?  A hesitation to move forward.  Suspicion of your decision-making ability.  I am sure we have all felt those times when we were a bit ‘lost in life’.  Maybe you are there with me now!  Guess who is there with us right now – our Dear Lord.  He walks each of our steps with us, knowing that there are these times when we need to hear from him, helping us to realize some particularly important truths

  • Afraid to take the next step?  “Be strong & courageous, do not be afraid.” (Joshua 1:9)
  • Loss of self-confidence?  “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.”  (Jeremiah 17:7)
  • No strength?  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  (Isaiah 41:10)

Friends, our blessed savior knows what is in our hearts and he gives to us like no other.  We need to open our eyes and remember that we are ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’.  He has created each of us just as we are supposed to be.  Remember, God is not one to make mistakes!  Believe that He has done good work in you and will continue to see that good work to fruition.  Have faith, simple faith, that he will guide you and provide the path for you.

So, when that doubt creeps in, step back in prayer.  Read from the Bible all the goodness God provides for us.  Then take that step out of doubt and into the light of your world.  That world is gracious and merciful – full of love from our provider.  Take off the cloak of doubt and put on the coat of assurance – blessed assurance that God is walking with you.

Heavenly Father, thank you for turning my doubt into confidence, the confidence that comes in walking with you.  Bless my life and bring to me all that I need to build me up.  Remind me to hold my head high in assurance that you are with me, showering me with your love.  In your holy name I pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.