Sunday, July 11, 2021

Family Reunion

 


I skipped a week of posting last week.  I hope you all agree with me that it was for a good reason.  We had a family reunion.  Cousins reuniting with cousins.  Granddaughter/great granddaughter being shared with the family for the first time.  New members of the family joining us.  It was an incredible day.  As the mother getting this wonderful opportunity to sit back and watch all the interactions (between serving food 😊), I had the good fortune to reflect on this moment, what God has brought together.

As we gathered out on the deck, I thought about how each person came to be.   Each situation was different.  Some met in high school, others at work.  Some met on land, others at sea.  Some came from traditional families; others came together after divorce.  All came together out of love.  Each person was there because someone loved another.  Each person was there because they loved each other.  All the family members have been there in times of adversity.

I found this passage from Proverbs to mirror the situation perfectly.  As we celebrated our family that day, there has also been heartache, times of trials and tribulations.  When I think back upon those times, family members have been there for each other, holding each other’s hands, providing comfort and guidance.  Being a member of this family means being there for it all, the good and the bad, the joy and the difficulties, the despair, and the hope.  It is about being present for all the experiences.

There is only One who could weave together this group of people.  There is only One who could have the right people meet each other.  There is only One who could bring individuals to a place called home.  That One is God.  Through His hand and by His wisdom, our family was created.  I am amazed when I think of that – of how we all came to be!  He has blessed our family, and I am certain has blessed your family as well.  Let us not take for granted that blessing.  May we be thankful for the blessing of family and revel in the awesome wonder of it all!

Heavenly Father, we thank you for the blessing of family.  May our family relationships grow stronger under your guidance and may our love for each continue to take priority.  Let us not forget your hand of orchestration in our families.  In your name we pray, Amen!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.