Sunday, April 7, 2024

New Creation

 

Spring has sprung!  It doesn’t quite feel like that in New Hampshire right now.  As I look out the window, there is still snow on the ground.  Yet, as every April comes, we know that eventually we will start feeling the warmth of 50–60-degree temperatures and the sun shining in our faces.  In 2024, my goal was to focus Simple Faith Today on the seasons of faith.  I am happy to say we have moved out of the winter season and have entered spring!  Spring has always focused on newness and growth, which will be our focus during the season or spring.

Being a lifelong Christian, I always struggled with the excitement of finding God for the first time.  Ever since I can remember, I was going to church, Sunday School, youth group, Bible studies, etc.  When I speak with someone who has found Jesus as an adult, there is such an excitement and wonder that, I have to admit, I can get jealous of.  Then this wonderful verse comes to mind and Jesus tugs at my heart in that unique way.

I believe the key word in our Bible verse today is the word ANYONE!  When Paul shared these words, he didn’t say, “Therefore if any new believer is in Christ, the new creation as come.”  Paul said, “. . . ANYONE!”  This restores my soul.  Yes, I have known that Jesus is my savior since I was a toddler.  Yet there are numerous ways by which I can become a new creation in Christ. 

·         Anytime a Bible verse opens my heart and mind to a new viewpoint.

·         Each time a sermon reminds me to follow Jesus.

·         Moments where a worship song helps me to see a part of my faith I may have forgotten.

·         Prayer when my eyes are open to my sin, and my Lord provides me new forgiveness.

In each of those scenarios, and so much more, my faith can become new again.  I can become new again!  Whether you are a brand-new Christian or one that has believed in Christ your entire life, we can always become new creations in Jesus.  The newness of faith isn’t just for those who are new believers.  The newness of faith can be found each day in the wonders, blessings, mercy, and grace God offers us.

Take these moments in spring and ensure you remember you are the ANYONE who has become a new creation.  Live your life in the knowledge of that blessing! Here’s to spring!

Dearest Christ, thank you for opening our hearts and minds to continually becoming a new creation in your sight and love.  Help me to see this every day!  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.