Sunday, July 14, 2013

Plan and Decision

GOD HAS BIG PLANS
FOR ME~~

Having a plan for the day, for the week, for the weekend, can prove to be efficient and effective.  Trust me, I do it all the time.  I place things that need to get done at home and at work on a series of lists to make the most of my days.  This is been an extremely wise way to live my life.  Between work, home, and other activities, this is the way that I can get everything done.  I am SURE I am not the only one out there who does this.  Make the list, check things off, feel productive.  Yep, life, is good.  I do it during the week, I do it for the weekend.  There are days when I can get 26 hours worth of the day into 24 hours.  Yet, I needed to change this "productive"  life I was living - I still felt stressed, as if my life was empty (although it was very full).

I found a much more productive path a few months ago.  Although I was getting much "done", it was not necessarily the "right" things.  How to determine what on my list was right or wrong?  My lists didn't begin or end with my Lord.  My lists would begin with chores, with errands, with work activities, but it didn't have reading God's word in there, it didn't have prayer, it didn't have devotion, it didn't have focus on my God.  Yes, I was praying, I was reading devotion, but it was the true commitment to God's word that I was lacking.  I realized that when I would start my day with God, reading it, listening to it, praising him with song, my day would follow HIS path, not mine.  HIS list would get done - serving others, opening my heart to where I needed to ask forgiveness, loving others, sharing God's life with others, that's when my real living started. 

This past weekend I was reminded of this when my oldest daughter called me frustrated and discouraged.  Her plans for the weekend were ruined.  Work had kept her late on Friday and she was not able to join friends for a weekend getaway.  Upset, frustrated, and angry, she called.  It was at that time, I reminded her that God has better plans for her.  She has many summer plans, a vacation right around the corner, work projects, etc.  I told her I truly felt God was trying to tell her - STOP.  She needed time to breath, prepare, refocus, and spend some time alone.  At the time, it was tough to see, but as the weekend progressed, she too, saw God's plan.   She prepared for her trip, she was able to relax a bit and get some work things together, she saw the plan God had for her.  As always, "it was good".

We all have plans, for the day, the week, or maybe our lives.  Accomplishments we want to achieve, things we want to get done.  We have time lines for those accomplishments, when we want to go to college, get married, have children, get the job of our lives, take vacations, retire.  Sometimes, we put these achievements as a priority over the things that SHOULD take priority.  Taking time to put GOD first will help us to see when the other achievements should take place.  God has the plan for us.  It is a good and wonderful plan.  Don't be frustrated or angry when YOUR plan doesn't come to fruition.  God has a greater plan for you.  We need to be patient, and let his plan take hold.  Have simple faith, I guarantee His plan will be wonderful for YOU.  Read, listen, hear our Lord.  He will provide.  We just need to decide to put him first on the list!!

"In Him we are also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, ..." (NIV)  Ephesians 1:11



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.