Monday, June 16, 2014

Providing in Abundance


                                          www.abundance-info.com

Father's Day - such a wonderful day for us to remember the fathers in our lives who have provided for us in so many ways.  When I think of Father's Day, I think of three fathers.  Certainly my earthly father, for whom I will be eternally grateful for all the blessings he gave to me, not just as a young person, but as an adult as well.  I think of my husband, who is an incredible father for our children, providing many blessings to them.  The greatest father in my life will always be my Heavenly Father, whose provisions have always graced me, every day.

My earthly father was a great man.  He shared many wonderful qualities of his character with our family, from the time I was little until 13 years ago - when he went to be with our Heavenly Father.  He shared with us that God, family, and country were three areas to always cherish and love.  He had a very simple view of faith - believe in God and He will be with you always.  Not a bad view to have.  He had a very simple view of family - you are with each other always, no matter what, and love each other unconditionally.  Again, another wonderful view to have.  He also believed we live in a great country, and should cherish that always.  On three counts he was very right.  He also ensured that we always had what we needed.  No, it may not have been the latest brand name jeans or sneakers, but we had what was needed - certainly surrounding us with family love.  Our provisions were always met - and even were abounding.

My husband is a great father.  I watch him with our children throughout the years and see what he has taught them.  He is a teacher of humility - always sharing that he might not know everything, but will guide with all God has given him.  He is a teacher of what a strong work ethic is.  He works so hard, at his job and at home.  There is no doubt that our children are the benefactors of his work ethic.  He provides for all, regardless of his personal sacrifice.  His greatest gift is love - he shares his love unconditionally with his family.  There is never any doubt that he loves our children - each and every one of them.  He gives them all what they need, his mechanical skills, his knowledge, his time, but most importantly, his love - and he gives it in abundance.

My Heavenly Father is a great God.  He is there for me, every moment of every day.  Many who have no faith in our Dear Lord say, "How can you believe in something you can't see?"  Really?  I get to see my Heavenly Father every day.  He is in the faces of the people around me, my family, my friends/co workers, even in the faces of strangers.  He is in my job, my home, the goodness on my table.  He is in the air, the earth, the sea and in each living creature - great and small.  He is there, helping me, guiding me, and providing for me in abundance.  He gives me a love only He can, as He gave His one and only Son for my sins.  He provides when no one else can.  When I think that no one can hear me, no one can understand, that I am on my own - He is always there for me.  During the darkest of nights or brightest of days, He provides for my every need.  I would say that is the greatest of abundance.

Having your needs met is one thing - having them met in abundance is another.  I am been graced with my earthly father, my husband, and my Heavenly Father to have all my provisions met - in abundance.  I always had faith in my father and I have faith in my husband.  Yet, the simple faith of believing in all my Heavenly Father gives me - grace, mercy, peace and love - is returned in abundance.  

Think about what you have, in abundance.  It may not be material things; it may not be the fanciest clothes or the biggest house.  With a simple faith in our Lord Almighty, you have an abundance of love, forgiveness and grace.  May we all remember and cherish those here on earth who have provided for us in abundance for the needs we have.  More importantly, may we always have simple faith in our true father of heaven, who provides for ALL of our needs in ABUNDANCE.  Blessings to all.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not more more valuable than they?"  Matthew 6:26 (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.