Sunday, June 8, 2014

With Me, For Me, In Me









Pentacost Sunday - I love this Sunday!  The vivid picture of the Holy Spirit being delivered to so many with tongues of fire helps me to appreciate the boldness of our Lord.  The trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit can be a difficult concept to grapple with.  Yet, today, it is about the Holy Spirit.  As I listened to Pastor this morning share the awesome wonder of the Spirit, it helped me to understand the life I lead and how the Spirit works in me.

This past week, I heard Pastor Rick Warren that delivered the following:  God is with me, for me, and in me.  Those words had a profound effect on me.  I have replayed them over and over again - deepening my love for my Lord and all He brings to my life.  That is when I tied that phrase to the Holy Spirit.  The Spirit gives us the full opportunity to bring tht concept to life.  

God is with me.  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit walk with me in all that I do, in all that I think, in all that I am.  To know that God is with me gives me the strength that I need to walk through this journey of earthly life.   God is with me, by my side, in what I say, in what I do.  The comfort that this provides me is surreal, to know that whatever I am going through, I have God who will always be with me, regardless of circumstances, difficulties, or triumphs.  He will always be with me.  This image brings me close to God the Father.

God is for me.  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit is in my corner when I take the step of courage to walk in His light.  The image of God as my promoter, showing me the path to take (with me) and then providing me the courage to take that path (for me).  It's as if I have my own personal champion saying, "You Go GIrl!"  The blessings that surround that are truly immeasurable.  When the actions I want to take, actions that are in God's ways, are different than those around me, I know that I have God in my corner, cheering me on.  That knowledge gives me the boldness to do the right things - to say the right things.  He is always for me.  This image brings me close to God the Son.

God is in me.  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit is inside of me, inside of my heart and my soul.  The constant guiding of the Heavenly Father in me, helping me to walk the path of righteousness, lets me know that I am forever His.  The grace that only God can provide is in me, to be able to share that grace with others.  The love that only God can provide is in me, to be loving with others.  The joy that only God can provide is in me, to be joyful with others.  God in me - this image is the one that brings me closest to God the Holy Spirit.

Understanding the Holy Spirit can be trying some times.  Yet my image of God in me, the Holy Spirit residing in me, gives me the grace I so desperately need.  Following God's path may not always be easy, but it is always rewarding.  Tresuring the image of a heavenly home gets us through the rough patches, gets us through the tough days.  Strength, courage, and grace can always be found in God, our Lord and Savior, and the Holy Spirit.  May God be with you, for you, and in you.  

"And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit.'"  (NIV)  John 20:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.