Monday, July 21, 2014

God's Provisions



Another beautiful day in New Hampshire.  Our Dear Lord has provided a wonderful summer for us - full of sunshine and warm breezes.  As I sit under a huge mapel tree in our backyard, I praise God for all he has given us.  In NH, as in many other regions of our nation, the winters can be brutal.   We enjoy it, for a few weeks, but then many of us long for days like today.  I find it amazing how God created all of this - just for us.

Above is some of the bounty from my garden.  It's not a tremendously big garden, but this year, it has given us many wonderful veggies - from zucchini to peppers, from beans to eggplant.  Yes the tomatoes are right around the corner.  There is nothing more satisfying than a salad made from the harvest.

Yet, as I was reflecting on all of this, I couldn't help but think back to creation.  It still amazes me how God, with a blank canvas and a palette, created such beauty.  Yes, the seas and the animals, the sun and the moon, each one of us along with all we can accomplish.  Yet, the vegetation - the trees, the plants that provide for us, well, that just blows my mind.  God's bountiful blessings can be see in so much around us.  For me, it's about taking the time to sit, to stop, to appreciate His goodness.  Today is one of those days - to appreciate the world around me.

Life can bring us many emotions every day.  Happiness, sadness, pain, hope, joy, hurt, etc.  The multitude of emotion can be overwhelming.  I know there is much out there to create difficult moments.  People need prayers today more than ever - and we should be providing those prayers for them.  Yet, we can also rejoice with them - in God's goodness.  You see, as He provided the heavens and the earth, He will also provide for all we need - health, comfort, joy, guidance.  He will see to it that it is exactly what we need.  Just like the tomatoes and zucchini!!  He provides days like today - with the sunshine and the breeze, to remind us of His goodness, of His power & strength, of His path for each of us.

Remember, the beauty of our world is NOTHING compared to the beauty that is ahead of us in our heavenly home.  Yet, until we see our Maker, let us enjoy what He has created - and remember - that His provisions are with us in all we have in our lives.  If you need a prayer to bring you closer to God's provisions, please email me or comment on my blogspace.  We can always use a prayer to help us get closer to what God has in store for us.

"The land produced vegetation:  plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bering fruit with seed in it according to their kinds.  And God saw that it was good."  (NIV)  Genesis 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.