Sunday, March 15, 2015

Trust with Speed

 
"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense.  He has become my salvation."  (NIV)  Isaiah 12:2
 
 
I am in the process of reading a book for professional development called, "The Speed of Trust".  It is a great book that emphasizes the true importance that trust has in all aspects of our life - especially in the business world.  As the author, Covey, speaks, I come to understand the importance of building trusting relationships in my life.  I have always thought that it was important, but this books helps us to look at HOW do we build those trust relationships and what happens when you don't FULLY trust another person or another company.
 
The premise of the book is as Trust goes up, so does the speed of what needs to happen and the cost of what is happening can decrease.  I thought of so many parts of our organization where this would be so appropriate, if there was more trust, the rest of what we do would be so much more effective, efficient, and worthy of our time.
 
The biggest revelation I had, though, was that how very closely the book can be taken a step further, into our life of faith.  How many times have I FULLY trusted God and then not be afraid of what would happen next.  My typical trust with God?  Well, I would "give" it to Him (and then think about all the things I could STILL do because He wasn't answering my prayer fast enough).  Was I truly giving it all to God?  Not even close.  Then I would lament over the next weeks, or months, about why God wasn't answering my prayer - I trusted Him (or did I). 
 
If I trusted Him so much, why was I still trying to "do" something about the situation.  If I trusted Him so much, why did it consume my thoughts?  If I trusted Him so much, why did I try to change direction and hit the issue from another angle.  If I trusted Him so much . . .  Yes, you see the pattern as clearly as I do - was I truly trusting God with my needs, with my wants, with my life and the lives of those I was praying for?  The horrible answer is no.  Which means, if I can't trust the one who knows every hair on my head, who came to earth to bring me eternal salvation, who loves me so much He has a heavenly home for me - if I can't fully trust Him, how can I fully trust those around me?  Yes, it's been a long, thought-provoking week!
 
There have been times when I have given it all to God.  Many times, it is when I am totally desperate and just don't know what else to do.  It is at those times, that He quickly answers my prayers and the cost of stress and physical torment is relieved.  Yes, the same equation above holds true with our Savior.  When we trust Him fully - without any doubts or reservations, He will quickly come to our aid and the cost of having to worry about our issues is reduced.  When we learn to trust God fully, our ability to trust each other grows in His love.  It's a wonderful circle, the circle of trust.
 
Please pray with me, "Heavenly Father, I need you.  I need to rest upon you at ALL times an trust in thee forever.  Not just when times are so difficult I don't know where else to go, but to trust you each and every day - every moment of every day.  Help me to give my life to you - I trust you know what is best.  Also, please help me to fully trust those that I come in contact with every day.  May that level of trust lead to goodness and righteousness all the days of my life.  Thank you, Lord."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.