Sunday, September 24, 2017

Why God, Why??



In times of trouble and turmoil, as much as I would like to admit that I have never questioned God, I have.  Yes, in the beginning of the difficulty, I typically try to handle it on my own - no need to bother God on THIS one!  Yet, as the situation becomes more and more difficult, I begin praying.  For those times when it was grave, I would pray and pray and pray.  When those prayers weren't immediately answered, I would begin to question.  "Why God, Why?  Why are you letting this happen?  Why aren't you answering my prayers?"  As we all know, God answers our prayers in His way and in His time - always to our needs.

The other day I was on my way to work.  The air was crisp (always makes me happy).  I thought about my family and realized that for this moment in time, things were good.  Everyone was working.  Those who were physically challenged were getting better.  In that one moment, there was peace.  It was a really nice feeling.  It made me think.  Why do we question God when things are tough, but never ask that same question when things are good?  When was the last time, when things were going well, we raised our voice to God saying, "Why God, Why?"  It certainly had never happened to me before.

Yet, I did.  I raised my voice and said, "God, I know things are going well for my family, while others are suffering.  Why God, Why?"  Then I was quiet.  I listened for God's answer.  As always, it wasn't right away.  This thought continued with me throughout most of the day.  It was positive, yet inquisitive.  This thought helped to bring me to today's verse.

God's with us, in every step of our lives.  He doesn't leave us when things go "south", and, even more so, He is with us when we are blessed.  When we ask, "Why God" when things are tough, the answers are usually very clear.  We need to go through those trials and tribulations to fully appreciate God's awesomeness.  We need to experience the pain to fully rely on Jesus and give our problems to Him.  With that level of faith, God is happy.  It isn't a bother to go to God when things are difficult.  He WANTS us to approach His throne with our worries and burdens.

He also wants us to approach His throne with our praises of thanksgiving.  Not just when our prayers are answered, but in everyday living.  God allows for the tough days to strengthen our faith.  God also allows for the good days to ALSO strengthen our faith.  For God is there for it all, for all things in all times.  How blessed we are to have such an awesome God!  

Heavenly Father, we thank you for your presence - in trials and goodness.  Many times, I ask "why is this happening to me" when I am in difficult times.  Yet, I typically don't say, "why is this happening to me" when things are great.  What I DO know is that you are there for it all, because you love us, care for us, and guide us with each step.  Thank you God for walking with me on this earthly journey.  I look forward to the heavenly journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.