Sunday, June 3, 2018

One

"...one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."  Ephesians 4: 5-6 (NIV)

It's my Saturday morning ritual.  I get up (fairly early) and brew that one cup of coffee.  Just a single cup of coffee the way I like it.  As the coffee was brewing, it made me think of how much I enjoy that one cup.  The rest of the week I am "moving and shaking" to get chores completed before I head out the door for work or church.  On Saturday, it is my one time to take my time - and watch the coffee brew.

As I was anxiously awaiting my coffee, thoughts of "one" came through my mind.  I thought I would take today to share some of those thoughts with you.

I am God's chosen one - He made just one of me - for the purpose of fulfilling His path.
    "For you are a people holy to the Lord your God.  The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession."  Deuteronomy 7:6

God will always be with me - although I may stray from the rest - He will stay with the one, with me.
   "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them.  Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?"  Luke 15:4

Jesus was the one, the ONLY one, to die and rise again for ALL of my sins, so I may be saved.
   "For Christ also suffered once for sins,the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.  He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit."  1 Peter 3:18

God knows me, one person, and I am worth everything to Him.
   "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."  Luke 12:6-7

As wonderful as my one cup of coffee is to my Saturday morning, I learned through all of these verses that I am that wonderful in God's eyes.  There are certainly times when I don't believe I am worthy of God's wonders and blessings.  Through grave sin, it is hard to believe that He would still love me.  Yet, through the verses of "one", I can see that I am precious in God's sight - ALL the time.  May we always remember that the One who created us, the One who sustains us, is the One who loved us enough to die on the cross for as little as One, but certainly for all mankind.  

"Dearest God, sometimes it is hard to digest the thought that you are with me, just one person. Yet, your heavenly word helps me to see that although I am one, you are with me always.  You will never leave me or fore sake me.  Help me to always remember that, especially during difficult times, so that I may always revel in your love.  Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.