Sunday, June 10, 2018

Waiting

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  Psalm 27:14 (NIV)

Waiting has never been my strong point.  I believe that God has provided many wonderful gifts for me, but waiting is something I may be getting better at, but have always struggled with.  How have I gotten better?  Waiting in the grocery line when I have a time line used to put me over the edge.  Now, I force myself to find something positive.  Maybe it's smiling with the people in front of me.  Maybe i think about the meals I will make with the food.  Waiting in traffic?  Even that has me a bit more jovial.  I know I can't go anywhere so I think of a certain situation I might be able to problem solve or enjoy the music.  Overall waiting, yes, I'm getting better.

It's the "tough" waiting!  Waiting for my mom's surgery to be scheduled.  Waiting for certain things to happen at work.  It's the tougher waiting that I still struggle with.  I am a firm believer that God controls the time lines of our lives.  Yet, sometimes, it doesn't make the wait any easier.  I pray. I read my Bible.  I go to my devotions.  I try to do all the "right" things that I believe will influence God's timing.

Then it is a certain verse, like the one for today, that jolts me out of the "my time" thinking and into the "God time" thinking.  When I truly search these verses and personalize them, they become the peace and calm to the chaos and frustration. How do I do this?  For instance, I read today's verse saying:

   Wait for the Lord SUSAN, be strong SUSAN and take heart and wait for the Lord Susan.

When I put my name into the verse, I fully understand that the Lord is not sharing information, He is talking directly to me.  I know, then, that it is time to be Waiting on God - waiting for His very perfect time, not my time.  Often I remind others of this, and need to remind myself of that as well.  My dear husband is great at being that gentle reminder - sharing the frustration and the peace.

Our time lines are just that - OURS.  They are not the time lines that God always has for us.  When we start orchestrating our time lines into His journey, the peace turns to chaos.  May we all remember this as we have moments in our lives when we need to wait.  Although we may struggle, He is telling us that the time is not right now.  We need to be cognizant of that, so very aware, so that our chaos can turn to peace.  It's not easy - hey this is life.  Nobody said it was going to be a relaxed journey down the river.  When we rely on our Heavenly Father, though, we gain the strength, the courage, the patience and the love that only He can bring.  Take our waiting to God - He will provide!

"Dearest Jesus - help me!  I need you to help me see what I sometimes can't see myself - your perfect timing.  In moments when the wait is longer than "I" want, help me to be still and know that it is YOUR time that is truly perfect.  Bring peace to my chaotic waiting period.  Let me trust in you always.  Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.