Sunday, July 15, 2018

Coming Together

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."  1 Peter 3:8 (NIV)

As the days passed, I thought about the twelve Thailand boys that waited, patiently, to be rescued.  In a dark cave, with no light, no food and no water, these boys and their coach waited.  They waited together.  They waited with hope.  They waited with guidance from ones with knowledge.  They waited to be rescued.  Along with many of you, my heart were transferred to them, praying for them when we learned the news of what was happening.

They were found, but the waiting fight was not over.  Although they were now privy to food and water, we watched the world surrounding them come together to decide how to rescue them.  People thousands of miles away joined the team of people dedicated to their survival.  Rescue workers from many countries came together. Resources from many countries came together.  Prayers from many countries came together.  I watched this and my heart swelled for mankind.  As they all took a step forward to bring these boys and their coach to safety, my amazement increased.  

I have been those boys.  I have passed through times when I have felt as if I was in a dark cave with no sustenance.  I waited with hope.  I waited with guidance from others.  I waited to be rescued from the darkness I was experiencing.  Those times of my life have been excruciating. During those dark times, there were those that judged what was happening in my life and it hurt as much as the darkness did.  Yet, as I look back upon those times, I realize that that there were people from many different areas of my life praying for me.  Just as prayers encircled those boys, there were teams of people praying for my rescue.  It was hard to recognize it at that time.  Yet, I know it is true.  How?

Just like these boys and their coach, I was brought to the light.  Through rescue efforts of those around me, through prayers of many, through the guidance of my Heavenly Father, I was able to leave the cave of darkness and reach for the joyous light.  Jesus showed me the way.  He gave me the courage to leave the darkness and live on in His ever-radiant light. 

People and countries find so many differences in each other.  We look at why we are different and build our thoughts and prejudices around that.  Yet, for a moment in time in Thailand, all the differences were thrown away and faith, hope, knowledge and guidance brought peace to those in need.  The word miracle is the only way to describe that. 

Maybe you are in a dark place right now.  Maybe you have experienced being in a dark place before.  Brothers and sisters, I know what that is.  Know that you have a circle of people around you, praying for you, waiting with you and a loving Jesus who is ready to guide you into the light.  Follow him in His word - it will bring you the joy you need.  Hope and guidance is gained in the simple faith that we can all come together into the light. 

Dearest Jesus, we thank you for being with the boys and coach in the cave.  Thank you for giving them hope and faith as they waited to come into the light.  I ask that you be with those that are, or that know of, people who are in the dark right now.  Jesus, provide them the hope that they need to wait with hope, receive guidance with knowledge, and feel your loving arms around them.  Bring those from the darkness into the light - the light that only You can provide.  In your gracious name we ask these things.  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.