Sunday, September 15, 2019

Forward Faith


"Have Faith!"  Pretty common statement to say to someone is fluctuating between faith and doubt.  Seems easy enough, doesn't it?  Just have faith!  I don't know about you, but sometimes having faith can be the most difficult thing to do.  When life gets difficult and it is hard to understand what the future may hold, it should be easy to put it in God's hands and have faith that He will work to our favor.

Yet, it can be easier said than done.  Why?  Why is it so hard to have faith that God has our best interest in mind?  For me, I think it is hard because I cannot always SEE the path that God has for me.  If I can't SEE it, it can be hard to BELIEVE it.  I have faith that our outdoor event won't get rained on - I can see that in the seven-day forecast.  I have faith that I will get to the party on time - I can see my GPS says I will get there before it starts.  

What happens when what we are hoping for cannot be confirmed by anything we can see?  You want to have faith that the test results will come back in your favor, but there is nothing to see to confirm that.  You want to have faith that a long-distance relationship will work, but not seeing the person every day can bring doubt.  It is so hard to have faith with the unseen, or unknown.  So how can we deepen our faith to the faith that is discussed in our verse for today?

We actually do have confirmation of our faith!  Take a look back as you take a look forward.  What???  As you look for the faith in what you hope for, look back on the goodness of God in what you hoped for in the past.  See all the wonderful blessings God has brought upon your life and how He had your best interest in prior situations.  No, maybe the test result didn't come back that it was negative, but how did your closeness to God grow during your health trials.  Maybe the relationship you really wanted to work out came to a close.  Yet, you wouldn't have met the new 'love of your life'!  

Having faith may not always be easy - especially as we walk through difficult times.  Take some time to look back so you can have faith moving forward.  God is there for you - He is ALWAYS there for you.  When the situation doesn't turn out as you had anticipated or hoped for, it doesn't mean that God isn't there for you.  Actually, it means that He is bringing your faith to a new level - a level that will bring you closer to Him!  

Many times I can make faith complicated - rolling the "what if" scenarios over in my head versus going to God in prayer with "simple faith".  Let's uncomplicate faith and look back to the goodness God shared in our lives so we can have the faith to move forward.  It's work.  It may not always come easy, building up our faith.  Yet, let's take the courageous step together!!  Here's to our forward faith!

Heavenly Father, walk with me as I move to have forward faith.  Help me to see the goodness of my past to know that my hope for the future lies in the faith I have in you.  Grant me serenity and peace as I walk this walk.  In you forever name I pray, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.