Sunday, June 28, 2020

Time to Water


I woke up early, did the normal morning routine and headed off to work.  The day was busy and it took all in my power to find time to breathe, never mind think of other things that needed my attention.  The day found me leaving work late and heading up the highway to home wondering what I could make quickly for dinner that wouldn't take too much brain power (I didn't have much of that left).  Walked through the door, got dinner on the table and finally gazed to the outside deck.  There it was, right in front of me - my neglect!!

The beautiful potted plants that I had spent time making sure were selected and planted at just the right angle looked as if they hadn't been watered in weeks.  Although it was only a couple of days since they had last been watered, the plants were in their pots, withering away.  It hit me that evening, like never before.  A few simple moments was all that it would have taken - to care for something so pretty.  You guessed it - as soon as dinner was over I was out there filling my plants with much needed water (and sharing with them how sorry I was).

It made me think of all the other things in my life that I may have neglected because I was so busy.  Taking the time to really listen to someone.  Taking time to make a healthy lunch versus picking up something unhealthy - or not eating at all.  Taking time to fill up that water bottle to stay hydrated.  Taking time to tell someone you love them.  Taking the time . . .  We all need to be watered or we will become withering plants.  We all need to take a few moments to gain water to keep us living.  

In walks the ONLY one who can provide the living water for us - Jesus!  As we become scorched with our daily activities, there is only One who can provide the water we need to strengthen us and help us grow.  Jesus' water is found in so many different ways.  We open our Bibles to get words that will quench our thirst.  We sing and worship to our Heavenly Father to fill us up.  We read daily devotions to gain the waters that will never fail us.  

Just like plants, we need water to sustain us.  Yes, the water that runs from our faucets, but also the living water that runs through our veins.  It is the living water that holds a place for us in paradise.  It is that living water that reminds us to take the time to appreciate all that God has given us and to uphold it in His righteousness.  It is the living water that helps us to live out our daily lives showing others the love of Jesus.  That living water strengthens us, gives us hope, grants us love and brings us Home. 

As you would suspect, the next morning I took the time to look out the window, and the plants had regained their beauty.  The same happens to us.  Once we fill our withered bodies with Jesus' living water, we will also regain our beauty.  Take the time to water - it is good for our souls!

Dearest Jesus, thank you for your living water.  Help us to drink of that water every day, to sustain us, to fill us up, to regain our beauty.  Let us be the water that others need to drink.  May we share your love with all those we meet - giving them a taste of your wonderful water.  In your everlasting name we pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.