Sunday, August 23, 2020

Waiting

 


This new way of life we are all facing has certainly come with many changes.  I think one of the greatest changes that I have noticed is my ability to just "grab and go" has become more of a "wait, grab, wait, wait" and then "go".  Many of the places we used to go and just run in to grab something quick has turned into a bit more planning - especially with planning our time.

I noticed it first when we were waiting to get into the grocery stores when there were only a certain number of people allowed in the store.  Then I noticed it at the curbside pickup of a local Mexican restaurant on Taco Tuesday.   Follow that with waiting to get into smaller boutique stores while on vacation that only allow five people to the store.  If you were number six, you needed to wait until another person exited the store before you were allowed in.  I think the longest wait I saw was last weekend when many people were doing back-to-school shopping and they were trying to get into sneaker stores.  All this waiting is certainly to assist with the physical distancing that is required, and I very much understand that.  With a little extra planning of time, we can all stay safe.

I thought about what would happen if there was a line to wait in to get into heaven!  What if only so many souls were allowed to enter?  What if there wasn't enough room for me when it was my turn?  I have to say, I pictured myself standing outside of heaven with Jesus saying, "No room for you!"   The thought of that sent shivers down my spine!  Even greater - what if I didn't do enough planning to get into heaven?  What if I didn't do enough good things for Jesus to let me enter heaven?

Then these wonderful words of Jesus entered my thoughts - He is preparing a place for me.  He not only is planning for me to be there, He is ensuring there is a room ready for me when I get there.  Jesus, our unconditionally loving savior, will welcome me with His arms wide open.  I won't have to wait in line because there will be a place waiting for me, a place that will have my own name on it.  Jesus will take my hand and walk me to heaven.  THAT picture is the one that fills my soul and brings me joy.  There will not be any waiting in heaven, Jesus will open the gates when we get there to bring us home to Him.  The greatest comfort?  As long as I believe that He is my Lord and Savior, He will let me pass through.  There aren't enough "good deeds" I can do to enter.  My sin would be far too great to let me enter.  Yet, Jesus took care of that for me.  He loved me enough to die on the cross so that I can enter heaven with Him.  That will be a glorious day.

Until then, yes, I will wait in lines.  The next time I do, there will be a smile on my face.  For I know that the waiting that I am doing is only here on earth.  In my eternal heavenly home, where there is a place waiting for ME, I will wait no more.  That makes this Jesus girl smile from ear to ear!  Blessings!

Dearest Jesus, thank you for providing a heavenly home where you will welcome me.  By my faith in you and the love you so graciously pour upon me, I will one day enter eternity with you.  Your death on the cross means my wait is over - I will rejoice with you in paradise.  How loved I am!!  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Susan
    Thank you for your positive reinforcement in such trying times.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.