Sunday, June 5, 2022

The Missing Piece

 

Puzzles – I love them and hate them.  I see the picture on the box and determine that it will be a wonderful puzzle to spend time putting together.  I eagerly take each piece out, ensuring that all the pieces are turned face up.  I spend time putting the frame of the puzzle together first and then begin working on the middle of the puzzle.  I get excited when one part of the scene is complete, and I can move onto the next.  Then, it happens.  That dreadful moment when I realize I have lost a piece to the puzzle.  I look on the table, on the floor, neighboring tables – everywhere – to see where the lost piece is.  At that moment, I feel defeated.  A couple of days later, I find the piece tucked behind a chair cushion or under the puzzle box – triumph!!

When I was reflecting on that this past week, I realized that there have been times in my life when I have felt as lost at that puzzle piece.  I have felt lost in helping my husband through a rough path at work.  I have felt lost as a mother when my children had a problem that I could not fix.  I have felt lost as a daughter when I could not take away my mother’s pain.  I have also felt personally lost.  I go through times in my life when I feel like something is missing in my life and that the days run into each other without any purpose.  All of these times in my life have been difficult to navigate. 

Difficult, that is, until I realize what I am missing.  It is during those times that I realize that the missing puzzle piece is Jesus in my life.  When I toil with thoughts of how to make things better, where to find my purpose, how to bring joy to those around me, I realize that my goal is to manage it on my own.  I must know something or somehow to make everything better, to find the path.  It is then that I notice the reason I am lost is because I have not gone to the One who is waiting for me with open arms, the One who is seeking His lost sheep.  When I go to my Jesus in prayer, when I open my Bible to seek answers, He never disappoints.  In Jesus I find the missing piece when I am lost.  In Jesus, I am able to get my answers, fill the gap, and the whole picture becomes clear.  In Jesus I triumph.

Life is hard.  Jesus never promised us a carefree life.  What Jesus has ALWAYS promised is to be there for us, to be the missing piece when we are lost.  Just as the shepherd goes after the one missing sheep, just as we seek the missing puzzle piece, Jesus will seek us out if we are lost.  When we have lost direction, the Holy Spirit will nudge us toward Jesus.  All we need to do is seek His name and in Him, find triumph.  The next time you are feeling lost, as if you are not sure which direction to turn, reach out to the find the missing puzzle piece in your life – reach out to Jesus.  I guarantee you He is waiting for you!

Dearest Jesus, thank you for the Holy Spirit who nudges us to find you when we are lost.  When days become difficult and we feel as if we have lost our way, focus us on prayer and worship.  May we realize the lost piece in our lives is you and may you bring us back for the full and clear picture.  In your name we pray, Amen.


4 comments:

  1. This is so true. Thank you susan for your wonderful writing ✍️ 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this ...it's especially important to remember in my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this message Susan. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.