Sunday, June 30, 2013

And The Greatest of These is Love



Growing up, I saw a marriage in my parents that taught me that love was many things.  There may be times when it was happy, or sad; easy or difficult; warm or cool.  Yet, it taught me that through it all, love was enduring and wonderful.

This was the love I looked for in my life.  My first marriage was not the direction God chose for me.  I believe it was the direction I wanted to choose for myself.  I was blessed with two wonderful children from that marriage and it ended in divorce.  As tough as it was at the time, I now realize that the divorce as well was a blessing.  

During the time I was a single parent, I was afforded the opportunity to attend a Stephen Curtis Chapman concert.  A friend from church encouraged me to attend.  I remember that evening like it was yesterday.  Through all the wonderful praise and worship music that was shared, one song was impressionable, "I Will Be Here".  Stephen spoke lovingly of his wife prior to singing this song, and a tear was shed from my eye.  Yet, my friend said to me, "Listen to the words - it is Jesus singing to you."  I did listen to the words in such a manner and played that song over and over again when I needed to feel Jesus' presence beside me.  You see, it is a love song.  Jesus loves me and when I listened to this song, I felt as if Jesus was there guiding me and caring for me, when I felt alone at times.

On Tuesday, I will be very blessed to be celebrating my 8th wedding anniversary with the true love of my life.  Another dear friend brought us together, and we have enjoyed a marriage that has shown me love in a new way.  We have seen times that were happy and sad, easy and difficult, warm and cool.  Our love is enduring and wonderful.  When I think of my husband, Juan, I know that this time God chose for me.  And he chose well!!  He selected a man who respects me, loves me and our family, and believes that God is the center of our family.  

We blended our families eight years ago.  At the time, I had a 15 and 10 year old.  He had a 9 and 8 year old.  It wasn't easy going from a family of 3 each to a family of 6.  It wasn't easy to raise four teenagers in one house.  Yet, our focus was always to try and raise our family as God would want us to, and to love each other as God would want us to.  God has blessed us!!

Now, when I hear the song, "I Will Be Here", I think of my wonderful husband and of the Savior who guided me to him.  So today, as I look forward to sharing another year of love with Juan, I would like to share a song with all of you that let's us know Jesus (and I, Juan), will always be here.  Here is my gift to you, Juan.  I love you!!


"...And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love."  (NIV)  
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.