Sunday, May 17, 2015

Picking Fruit - Faithfulness

  
                 
                              

Special days are meant to be celebrated, reveled in, and to give thanks for. So I ask my readers to allow me this opportunity to share with you such a moment. My oldest nephew had the wonderful moment today of being confirmed in his faith. I have always believed that this day is one of the most important days in a person's life and I feel blessed to be a part of it. 

As I was sitting I church this morning I couldn't help but realize that this important sacrament is a great example of one of our fruits - faithfulness. Being confirmed as a Christian provides us the great comfort of knowing we can put our faith in our God almighty, Jesus His heavenly son, and the Holy Spirit residing in us. What a privilege we have to know that despite what may come our way, we will ALWAYS have someone to go to. I was confirmed at the age of 13. I still have the beautiful cross my parents gave me that day. I never realized on that day the impact my faith would have on my life. I can be pretty guaranteed that many of you feel the same way. 

Over the years to be filled with the faith that has seen me through times I never thought I would see another day can only be attributed to the one who is with me every day, every moment. The faith I have, the faith you have, is a gift for us to enjoy. He bestows this gift on us, on all of us who believe in Him, to bring us the comfort, strength and hope we need to get through this earthly life. How fortunate we are!  

Because of our faithfulness, God shines His righteousness on us. "Faithfulness springs from the Earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven." (NIV) Psalm 85:11. Our faithfulness is seen by our Heavenly Father, His mercy gives us all the hope we will ever need. 

So to all of us, confirm our faith in Jesus. Let Him see, feel and hear our faithfulness in Him and He will richly reward us. Peace to all for a blessed week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.