Sunday, May 10, 2015

Picking Fruit - Love

 
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  I hope all of you had a wonderful day!!  My day was certainly filled with many blessings.  Yes, each gift was hand-picked with such care and meant so much.  The children were lovely and wrote such incredible sentiments.  Thank you, family for a special day.  It meant so much.
 
There's something about a mother's love.  When we feel it as children, and even into adulthood, it can bring such comfort.  For all that is done in our lives, our moms continue to love us.  They guide us when we have lost our way and help us when we are drowning in a world of self-pity.  They are there for all the big moments and even the not-so-big moments.  They seem to avail themselves to all the moments of our lives and ensure that they are kept in their hearts.  I feel that way about my mom and I pray every day that my children feel the love I have for them.
 
The life of a mom can be hard.  I know there were times when I should have treated my mom much better than I did.  There were times when I rejected her and her efforts.  There were times when I was angry or frustrated with her.  Yet, she never turned away, she continued to love me.  This so closely aligns with our Heavenly Father.  With all the wonderful gifts that Jesus gives to us, I can't find any greater than the love He has for us.  It is with this love that he graces our lives, provides us mercy, fights for our souls, guides our ways, and dies for our sins.  It is with this love that we can live in glory with Him.  He only asks for a few simple things from us. . . .
 
Jesus wants us to believe in Him, to hold on to Him, and to count on Him in ALL circumstances.  Similar to our earthly Moms, Jesus just wants to be there for us.  Jesus, unlike our earthly Moms (and certainly unlike me), is perfect in all His thoughts and actions.  There have been more times than I'd like to admit where my lack of patience got the better of me, where my judgmental tone was far too strong, and where my busy days didn't leave enough time for my children.  Yes, I look upon those moments and cringe - as this is NOT the mom I wanted my children to have.  Yet, the goodness of God's simple message is that because I believe Jesus died for me, I am forgiven of those "not-so-great" Mama Moments!!  I hope that those that are reading who are moms can relate.  The goodness comes from God's word that another day will bring a better Mama!!
 
Jesus wants us to love others the way He loves us.  He tells us this in 1 John 4:7 "...let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."  Love each other.  Love our babies, our children, our young adults, and our actual adults.  Love them, support them, hold on to the memories you've made with them.  Love them on their imperfect days, when they make imperfect choices, and when they have strayed - love them so that God knows you are loving them and will help them to come back home to Him.
 
On this very special day, may we freely love our Lord through our words, actions and praises.  May we freely love our families through our words, actions and praises.  May we freely love those we meet every day through our words, actions and praises.  May we love others because He first loved us.
 
Gracious Jesus, thank you for the love you give to all of us, for the love you unconditionally provide to us regardless of our misguided ways, and for the simple ability to love others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.