Sunday, April 21, 2019

Peace in Repentance

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with . . . because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."  Romans 6: 4-8

Happy Easter!  This is truly a day to celebrate.  A day that, as Christians, we know to be the most important day to celebrate.  Without our Jesus Christ rising from the dead, we would be lost souls.  Without Jesus rising from the dead, our sins would never be forgiven.  Without Jesus rising from the dead, we would have no peace.

Peace is born in repentance!  Peace is one of those words that I cherish.  I have lived a part of my life with a lack of peace.  My soul struggled for many years with the "whys"!  The "Why do I have cancer?"  "Why isn't my marriage working?"  "Why did my dad have to die?"  The list goes on.  The peace that I so desperately sought was not within reach.  It was as if God forgot about me - after all these years.

Yet, peace returned the day I repented!  Throughout all of those things, I felt my thoughts and actions didn't stand up to what God wanted from me.  Especially with my divorce, I felt like I had let God down and that I wasn't worthy of peace in my life.  Enter in Easter!  As I sat in church that particular Easter morning, I heard the words of Pastor and realized that God WAS on my side.  God, did love me (enough to lay down His life or me).  God did forgive me!  

The newness of Easter sprung a new sense of peace.  Although I have had struggles since that Easter Sunday so long ago, when I walk into worship, my soul finds peace.  For as the old hymn says,                   "When peace like a river attendeth my way,
                          when sorrows like sea billows roll,
                          whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
                          It is well, it is well with my soul."

When we comprehend what our Lord did for us over 2000 years ago, we are able to gain the peace that only comes when we fully understand that our sin has been washed away, and we will live one day with Jesus in paradise.  There is a phrase that will always bring peace to my soul.

I pray that each and every reader has a wonderful, repentant, and peaceful Easter.  May the newness of life in Christ bring your soul an ever lasting peace.  Blessings!!

Dearest Jesus, The joy of Easter reigns with all of us.  The empty tomb fills us up our souls with sins being released and life everlasting with you.  There is nothing that will produce greater peace.  Thank you for never leaving us and bringing us peace in repentance.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.