Sunday, April 28, 2019

New Beginnings

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with . . . because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."  Romans 6: 4-8

There is something about a new beginning that brings joy and anxiousness.  Whether it be a new job, a new book, or a new relationship, we can get excited about what lies ahead but a bit nervous about the "what ifs".  What if I am not as qualified as I think I am for this job?  What if this book isn't as good as I heard it was?  What if this isn't the right person for me?  Beginning something new has its challenges.

When we have conflicted feelings, many times the negative runs way ahead of the positive.  We can run the risk of talking ourselves out of something long before we give it a chance to succeed.  I know I have experienced this in my life.  Whenever I begin a new project around the house, I have a very strong "vision" of what it is supposed to look like.  As I venture along the project, I begin thinking, "What if it doesn't turn out the way I envisioned it?" and I begin to see the flaws versus what has been accomplished.  These runaway negative feelings of something new can overcome us.

In walks Jesus.  Whether you are a lifelong Christian or a new Christian, Jesus provides plenty of references throughout His Word for us to have a new beginning with Him.  Each time we have an opportunity to reflect on His awesome love and salvation, we have a chance to have a new beginning with Him.  With each new Bible Study, with each new hymn we sign, with each new sermon we hear, we have a new beginning in Christ.  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come; The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17.  

The best part about new beginnings with Jesus is that there is no need for anxiousness, only feelings of joy and praise!  Don't think I measure up?  God accepts ALL sinners, including me!  What if His salvation isn't that great?  Nothing is sweeter than the room that awaits us in His kingdom!  What if I can't give all that He is asking for?  We get to come to Jesus just as we are!  Accepting His salvation is all Jesus asks of us.  That's it!!

Understanding that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and loves us unconditionally is the easiest and greatest new beginning you will ever have!  Yes, it is truly that simple.  Simple Faith in Christ provides us a new beginning in His world every day.  Cherish this new beginning above all else.  For as each new day dawns, we have the privilege to be called His Children.  Blessings~~

Dearest Jesus:  To be united with you through your death and resurrections helps us to see new beginnings with you each and every day.  May we relish in the thoughts that because I know that My Redeemer lives, I have a new beginning.  Please bless each and every new beginning in you by helping us to know that through simple faith, this is possible.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.