Sunday, April 7, 2019

New Life

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with . . . because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."  Romans 6: 4-8

In New England we wait for days like this weekend.  The air turns warmer, the birds start singing, and the purple crocus start to bloom.  After long cold winters, we can rely on spring always returning and bringing new life back to us.  This new life I see around me energizes me and wakes me from the hibernation of winter into the vitality of spring.  It also reminds me of my own new life.

Seven years ago I received a new life.  Seven years ago my life was spinning chaos.  Job, children and marriage left me with balls of stress on each shoulder and a mind that was spiraling with things to do, never mind finding a purpose.  As always though, God provided!  I knew I needed to find a way to cope with the life I had been given, so I turned to an online Bible Study.  I never had taken that leap, but what did I have to lose?  Just at the right time, the study was on Stressed-Less Living.  Yes, God provides.

Week after week, I found that I wasn't the only one dealing with chaos.  I found that I could turn all of this around for good.  I found that others searched for purpose.  I also found MY purpose.  Isn't that just like God to bring clarity and purpose among our chaos?  Seven years ago God spoke to me and said, "It's your turn to give."  At first I thought, "How much more do you want me to give?"  He knew what He was doing!  Yes, I needed to give to find my purpose.

Seven years ago, Simple Faith Today was born.  Each week since then, albeit sickness, vacation or busyness, I sit to write.  That day God gave me a new life - a new life in him. With that new life I have experienced joy and sorrow.  I have shared the darkness that I have known.  I have also shared all the glory God has blessed me with.  Many of you have reached out to me to share your stories, blessings I feel honored to hear.  This was never a life purpose I thought I would experience.  Yet, God provides!

During Lent, we walk with Jesus as he takes the long journey to the cross.  Each year, something different touches my soul as I take that walk.  This year, during our recent study, what has touched my soul has been the great weight that sin brings onto us.  Yet, there is glory in sin.  Really?  YES!  Through our sin we die united with Jesus.  Our verses this month begin by focusing on our baptism.  In baptism we know the sin that we live with dies the death that Jesus died.   All that sin, all that guilt, all that dirt, dying with Jesus on the cross.  Glory be to Jesus!  May we begin our new life in Jesus!!

I would like to take a moment and thank all of you who lovingly read my blog each week.  It means the world to me to know that we can share God's presence together.  I am truly blessed by all of you and pray that we can continue to march into our new lives together.

Oh Jesus, your death is my life.  By you taking the walk to the cross, you brought my sin with you.  My sinful life was there with you on the cross so that I can have a new life in you.  Thank you will never be enough to share with you how deeply I appreciate what you did for me.  I pray my purposeful life will bring you joy as you have brought joy to my new life.  Amen!


2 comments:

  1. Ok my friend, if my math is right, which it almost always is, this 7 year anniversary means that you have written 364 blogs. So, one more gives you 365 and that is enough for what?????? Love you and love this blog. Would really love it as a daily devotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful friend. Thank you so much for the encouragement. Thinking of doing something just like you suggested. Prayers for God's guidance!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.