Sunday, October 11, 2020

Leaves in Harmony

 


There are many reasons I enjoy autumn.  The cooler and crisper days truly energize me.  The coziness of a hoodie makes me smile.  The smell of apples cooking tingles the senses.  Yet, most of all, it's the leaves.  I have read much on the transformation of green leaves to these brilliant colors.  I fully understand that there is a scientific reason for this phenomenon.  I will not stop believing, though, that God takes out His paintbrush to provide us such incredible beauty.  I am truly mesmerized.  It's not a good thing when you are driving, but when you take a long walk, you can stop and admire this incredible beauty.

On our walk this morning, I made my poor husband stop so I could take pictures of what we were seeing.  The pictures never do the scene justice.  The brilliance of the colors don't pop in pictures as they do in nature.  As I tried to take the "perfect picture", I noticed something about the leaves.  In spring, regardless of maple, oak or birch, the leaves on the trees all begin green.  As autumn begins its majestic entrance, the leaves all change to different colors - some orange, some red, some yellow - all working in harmony with each other.  If you are afforded the opportunity, sometimes all those colors can actually be on one tree.

Forces of nature will continue to astound me because of their teachings.  Nature teaches us incredible lessons that, if we are willing to humble ourselves and learn, can help us in our daily lives.  The lesson of autumn leaves?  Whatever color we are, whatever race we are, whatever differences we may have, we can live together in harmony.  The leaves live in harmony with each other - complimenting each other's beauty.  




Why can't we live like leaves?  Why can't we live in harmony with each other - complimenting each other's beauty?  Human differences on this earth are many - just like the enormous differences of trees.  Short, tall, husky, skinny, brilliant or muted, the trees and the leaves on those trees live together.  Let us learn from them.  Let us we live together in harmony as the leaves shine in harmony.

Our Dear Lord wanted nothing more for us than for us to all love one another.  In Romans 12:9-21, Paul continues to share with us HOW we can do that.  His goal is to ensure each person understands what they can do to bring forth the harmony and peace that Jesus wants for us.  We will have differences.  We will have opinions.  We will see the world through our own glasses.  Those differences shouldn't separate us, it should celebrate the glorious world that God gave us and all the people in this world.  Just as the autumn leaves are reveled and celebrated each fall, so should we revel and celebrate in each person's brilliance.  

It's there for us to see - this brilliance.  It's there for us to notice, for us to share, and for us to celebrate.  We can be so grounded in our own beliefs that we lose sight of the beauty in other's beliefs.  Not everyone is going to agree with my thoughts (my own family doesn't see things the way I do~~).  Yet not showing understanding, grace and mercy is not showing love - and that is not our purpose here on earth.  Love one another - and let's learn from the leaves - and live in harmony.

Heavenly Father, may we learn from the glorious nature around us.  The differences of others is not to be suppressed, but to be celebrated - as the beautiful leaves during autumn.  Give us the ability to see each other through your eyes, not ours.  May we live this life in harmony - giving value to each person as you have - and showing love.  In your glorious name we pray.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.