Sunday, February 7, 2021

Snow of Salvation

 

Snow.  There are different opinions on the white stuff.  Some absolutely love it because it means outdoor activities that they have been waiting for – skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snowshoeing, etc.  For others, it is a very visual reminder that it is cold outside – and it is “what we have to go through” – especially in New England, so that spring can arrive.  As with most things in life, some can see it as a blessing, while others see it as a curse.

Me?  I love it, particularly if it is a weekend and I do not have to head out to work right away.  As I right this post, the view in the picture above is what I see – snow falling.  It is absolutely beautiful and blanketing our ground and roads in a coating of white.  There is not a time when the snow falls that I remember two things:  my father and the verse above.

My dad loved the snow.  I remember heading out to the hill with our old sled, trudging to the top of it, only to sit on that sled and have an awesome ride down.  We always seemed to be the first ones there.  Daddy was never afraid of getting out and enjoying the snow. 

Our verse for today is so very appropriate.  As I was sitting in church this morning, receiving the absolution of sins, I reflected again on my past week.  The thoughts that I had that were sinful in nature.  The things that I said and did that were not in God’s image.  Then I thought back over my life and the multitude of sins that I have had – so very many that counting would be futile.  They are red marks against me – red marks that I could never release.

That is, never released until Jesus enters the picture.  Just as the beautiful snow falls from the sky and blankets the earth, Jesus takes my scarlet red sins and covers them with his snow of salvation.  By heading to the cross on my behalf, the sins that would drown me in despair are covered over by the purity of Jesus.  He died so I might live.  My scarlet sins are now white as snow.  I am Forgiven.

As snow falls, remember that the snow is covering your sins and erasing them from God’s memory.  The snow of salvation has been given to us by the one who deeply loves us, Jesus.  Like the song says, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”!

 Dearest Jesus, thank you for bringing the snow of salvation to me.  Through your walk to the grace and resurrection of death, my sins are now white as snow.  The veil of death in hell has been lifted to a life with you in heaven.  Let it Snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.