Sunday, October 3, 2021

Beauty of Change

 


When I share with people that autumn is my favorite time of year, there are usually two responses.  One is “I very much agree with you, mine too.”  The other is, “Autumn is a time when everything dies, how can you like that?”  Of course, I have no problem responding to the first comment.  The second has given me pause.  I have never seen autumn like that, but it is true.  As the three months of autumn passes, what is alive seems to have died.  The green leaves eventually fall off the trees.  The green grass begins to go dormant stopping its growth.  Most plants, including colorful hardy mums, find their way to brown.  Things to begin to die off.

Yet, the process of that change is beautiful, especially the leaves.  The green leaves first turn beautiful colors of red, orange, and yellow.  That process takes a bit of time.  You may walk past the same tree for three weeks and notice an array of beautiful changes in color before the leaves fall.  One cannot help to go through autumn thinking about change.  It always brings me back to significant changes in my life.

At the time, I need to confess, during those significant difficult changes, I found it tough to see the beauty of the change.  Many of those times found me complaining, filled with anxiety and frustration.  Looking back, I realize the importance of that change in my life and the path God was taking me for my greater good.  Yet, it certainly did not feel like that – and beauty was nowhere to be found.

Change in any form can be stressful.  Out of our comfort zone, we may feel lost and alone as change moves through.  Brothers and sisters it is not the case.  Beside us, every step, is God.  He is with us when we are anxious or frustrated.  He is with us when we are scared and feeling alone.  He provides us the strength that we did not think we possessed.  He guides us to be brave.  Most importantly, He can help us see the beauty of the change that is happening. 

It is hard to see that beauty when the change is a failing relationship, a difficult health diagnosis or a loss of job.   Yet, we have a change in history to look back upon to see the beauty and hope during difficult times.  As Jesus took the long walk to Calvary for all of us, His death looked as if hope was no longer.  As we all know, three days later, his resurrection has given us all hope from that day forward.  The beauty and hope of Jesus’ resurrection can bring us the strength and courage to face any change!  As you walk through autumn and see the leaves change, remember the beauty of change, albeit difficult.  Remember the hope of Jesus.  Stand strong and be courageous, because you are walking through change with your heavenly Father, who sees the beauty in everything. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for walking each step of change with us.  Help us to see the beauty in the changes of life.  Be there to lift us up.  Encourage us to be strong and courageous.  Calm our anxieties and bring us to peace.  In your heavenly name we pray, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.