Sunday, January 28, 2024

Lighten the Load

 


There are a variety of situations that can take us through the winter season of life.  For some, the winter season is not about what is around us, but what is inside of us.  It is not about what life is doing to us, but what we have done to our lives.  It can be a dark place that is difficult to rise out of.  What drives the dark place from within?  Many circumstances can lead us to this place. 

For me, there have been times when the darkness has come from within.  There have been times when I have deep regrets of the sins I committed.  When I looked at my sinful life, it was hard for me to think that God would still want me – this deep sinner.  Sin is a powerful force.  As a Christian, we know that sin could mean a life of despair and anguish.  When I reflected on my sin and how I let Jesus down, I spiraled into a dark place.  Maybe Jesus would not love me anymore?  Maybe he would not care for me anymore?  The load on my soul seemed unbearable.

Have you experienced this dark place?  Have you had moments when you felt that your sin overwhelmed any goodness God has to offer you?   Getting out of that dark place can be tough!  There are a number of things we can do to lift ourselves out of this dark winter season and lighten the load.  For me, it was delving into the Bible.  I knew Jesus was my eternal forgiver.  I knew that if I laid my sins at the foot of the cross, He would be there to meet me.

Today’s verse is one that I keep close when my load of sins need lifting.  He is faithful, loyal, and committed to ME.  He is just, consistent in his approach and will always provide what is right for ME.  He will forgive – period.  Not sometimes, not conditionally, not when he wants to.  He will forgive – always!  He will purify, my favorite word in this entire passage.  He cleanses me completely.  Jesus does not take away the little sins that may be easier to purify, he purifies ALL of ME!  He deep cleanses me from all my sin. 

Dear friends, if you are living in a winter season that is reflective of the sins you have committed, lighten that heavy load.  Come to Jesus, repent, and your load will be lighter.  Bring yourself out of the darkness of sin.  It is the entire reason we just celebrated Christmas and why we will be celebrating Easter!  It is the ability for us to live a life where Jesus came to earth, to live, to die and to live again!  The glory we share in His life is for us!  For you and me!  We do not have to live in that darkness but can come out in the light of his mercy and forgiveness.  Blessings to all – let us lighten the load!

Dearest Jesus – what a gift you gave to us, the gift of your life.  Through that gift, our sins are forgiven, and our hope of salvation is alive.  May we always remember we do not have to bear the burden of our sin, but to go to you – for you are faithful, you are just, and you will forgive and purify.  In your holy name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.