Sunday, October 1, 2023

The Return

 


Yes, it is that time of year!  I’m sure you were waiting to hear me speak about autumn - I won’t disappoint you.  It is coming – the return of the leaves turning their incredible colors of red, orange, and yellow.  I anxiously wait for this time of year to revel in the beauty of fall.  As I sit on our deck on this incredible autumn day, I breathe in the air that tells me fall is here.  The warmth of the sun plays nicely against the breeze, creating an environment of peace and tranquility. 

Waiting for ‘the return’ of autumn reminds me of how I feel about many ‘returns’ in my life.  Waiting for my husband to return after a trip, waiting for my children to return for the holidays, waiting for my mom to return to her hospital room from surgery.  The list goes on and on.  As many will agree, the waiting can be the hardest part.  I know it is for me – especially in the heat of the summer when I wait for the crispness of fall.  The waiting can also be hard as we wait for the people, we love to return to us.  Often the wait is rewarded by the return.  Those returns can certainly fill our hearts and souls.  Whether it is the return of the changing leaves, or the return of a loved one, returns can be so fulfilling.

Friends, we are in a waiting phase.  We are anxiously awaiting the return of our savior, Jesus.  As with other aspects of our lives, the waiting can be the hardest part.  Maybe we are going through a certain trial, and we want Jesus to return to take our pain away.  Maybe our faith is waning, and we just want to see Jesus’ face to provide us hope.  Rest assured; our Dear Lord will return to us at His coming.  As with everything that concerns waiting, the return will be in Jesus’ time, when He believes it is the right time.  I believe the waiting is the most difficult, certainly as we know Jesus’ return will be a wonderful day. 

Be certain that the return will be more joyous than a loved one returning from a trip and EVEN more joyous than the return of the beautiful leaves.  Jesus’ return will be filled with a joy that we have not yet known.  Until then, live in hope!  Just as we wait in hope for all things that bring us happiness, know that your hope in Jesus’ return will bring you everlasting joy.  

The wait is always worth it – as the return, Jesus’ return, will be filled with joy.

Dearest Jesus, we know that any return is the results of the wait.  As we wait for all the goodness you bring us, may we know that the most precious return, your return, will be the most joyous!  Give us hope in all of our waiting.  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.