Sunday, June 30, 2019

Insurance Policy

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire, you shall not be burned; and the flame shall not consume you."  Isaiah 43:2

Every couple of years, I shop around for insurance.  I find insurance to be this necessary evil.  Paying each quarter, just so that I have "coverage" should something happen.  Whether it is car insurance, home, renters, or even life insurance, it just seems that we pay and pay - waiting for something catastrophic to happen.  When the casualty happens, I'm sure we are always happy that we have insurance to help us to get through those difficult times.

Many years ago, I was very grateful that we had medical insurance.  If I were to add up all the bills associated with surgeries, chemo treatments, radiation treatments and medicine, it would have been overwhelming.  Yet, we had insurance to greatly assist.  Insurance isn't "free", but it is with us when we need it.

There is an insurance that WE have NOT paid for, but the payment has been made for us!  Jesus came to Earth to be our insurance policy - to always be there for us when things take a difficult turn.  Whether it is raging waters or flames of fire, as shared in our verse for today, we need not worry.  Jesus is with us!  He came to Earth, taught us how to live our lives and paid the steepest price for our insurance - His Own Life!  

Jesus did this for one sole reason - because He loves us.  By taking on our sins, dying on the cross, and rising from the tomb, he paid a price far greater than our monthly insurance payment.  He gave his life for you and me!  Because of that, we have the assurance that He is with us each and every day.  When the day is steeped in joy and happiness or when the day is filled with trials and tribulations, Jesus is there with us.  He helps us get through those difficult times. 

Although I may not be thrilled to write the check, I am VERY grateful for the insurance I have when I need it.  Yet, the insurance I am MOST grateful for is the insurance Jesus paid for me so that I may be with Him in paradise one day.  That is an insurance I hope to never take for granted. 

Dearest Jesus, thank you for being my insurance policy for salvation.  By you paying the greatest price, I know that you are with me in difficult times.  I also know that I have the greatest insurance payment waiting for me - an eternity with you.  May I provide thanks to you each and every day for all you have given for me.  In your gracious name I pray.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
God has always tugged at my heart to write for others. This blog provides the opportunity to share my faith with the world. I am honored that you have visited the blog and hope you return.